Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lori Hall Steele


Lori Hall Steele needs our help. She's a fellow freelance writer who's been diagnosed with ALS--Lou Gehrig's disease. And she's losing her home. She's just days away from having it taken away by the mortgage company because she can't pay her bills.

I don't know Lori personally. I only know her through Freelance Success, a writer's forum that I belong to. They're a great bunch of people.

When the FLXrs found out that one of their own was in trouble, they rallied--big time. There is so much activity going on in that forum on Lori's behalf that it makes your head spin--and it's hard to keep up with who's doing what. I know that Lori and her family are thankful.

Today, because I don't know Lori, I googled her name and found one of her blogs. It really spoke to me, giving me an up close and personal view of what Lori and her family are going through--and a bit of an inside look at Lori herself. The post that really got me was one she posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008--before she lost the use of her hands, before she needed assistance with her breathing. It is called Snow patrol, and it's very touching. You must read it.

My thoughts and prayers are definitely going out to Lori and her family, and I'm being propelled to offer my financial support as well. If you would like to help, click on this link to learn more about Lori's plight and to offer your financial support. And, please pray for her and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search