Tuesday, July 3, 2007

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!


I wonder why we started calling Independence Day the "Fourth of July?"

Don't get me wrong, I love the parties, the fireworks and the food that go along with the holiday, whether we call it Independence Day or the Fourth of July. I just think it's important, at this point in time, to stop and remember that our independence, our voice and our freedom- especially since we have men and women giving their lives daily- comes at a cost.

Every day thousands of people from other countries leave their homeland and come to the "land of the free and the home of the brave" to live the "American Dream". Shouldn't we stop and take a minute to be thankful that we were born in a country that is the ultimate dream for so many people?

I am very thankful. How about you?

Happy Birthday, America!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search