Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Summertime!


Summertime is finally here!

Gardens are being planted, weeds are being pulled, lawns are being mowed, pools are being opened up.

I. Love. Summer!

Summertime means that we have family visit us here in Illinois from Michigan. Seems like every weekend is packed with things to do. Going to the city is a great trip for visitors. It's a great trip for us, too, since we don't go to the city much otherwise.

Vacationing in Michigan is still a real treat for us. I guess that one can relocate, but it seems that home is always home.

What does summertime mean to you? Where do you vacation? Where is home-where you were born or where you live now?

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, pretty flowers! :-) As you can see, I'm not much of a gardener but I enjoy other people's gardens, especially when I don't have to take care of them!

    In Hawaii, we're blessed with summer-like weather almost year round, but in our winter, you can be down at the beach in the blazing sun and look up on Mauna Kea and see the snow. Technically, in less than two hours you could be up there (though at almost 14,000 feet, you might be gasping for air). To me, that's amazing.

    But I think what I like best about summer is that our rainy season is abated and there's that carefree summer attitude wafting around. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting Mia! I really enjoy reading The Debutante Ball every day.

    Regarding summertime. I'm with you. No matter where you live there's always that carefree feeling in the summer months.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Search