Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Poisonous Plastic?!?


I know better. I ALWAYS check www.Snopes.com to see if emails that I receive are hoaxes or truths. This time I didn't. It's not such a big deal I guess, except I am a big proponent of checking the validity of viral emails. I couldn't tell you how many times I've steered friends and family to the Snopes website to "see for themselves" before forwarding emails.

So, what's the fuss? I finally, after getting about 20 emails regarding microwaving plastic (and reusing water bottles), threw out my plastic cookware- except one set of Tupperware- and bought Pyrex to microwave in.

That was last week.

THIS MORNING I decided to check with Snopes. Sure enough, the plastic story is a hoax according to their website!

OR SO THEY SAY...

My premonitions were so high to replace this cookware. I'm inclined to believe, even if there's no evidence, that maybe replacing the plastic with glass wasn't such a bad idea. Sometimes you just have to go with your gut.

I've decided...Even if microwaving in plastic is perfectly safe...the glass is prettier anyway!

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I always worry about the microwaving of the plastic right AFTER we have warmed something in it and fed it to our children. Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. Even if it's not true, I guess I won't have to take the chance anymore. I threw out all of the plastic...well, except the one set of Tupperware used for taking food to someone else's house to throw in their microwave and poison them...

    ReplyDelete

Custom Search