Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Oh, my aching muscles!


I am so sore! Not crippled, mind you, but my muscles are aching all the way up the back of my legs from my calves to my bum. What prompted this soreness, you ask?

Running.

I. Hate. Running. Anyone who knows me knows that I hate running. I have decided, though, that in order to drop the rest of the weight that I want to lose, that I must run. Not far. Just far enough to jar my body into weight reduction, which does seem to be working. It's been about a month and a half now and I have seen some weight loss... mostly in my face, but it is working it's way down. I just know it!

The soreness comes in because I've just recently graduated from running one minute at a time to running for 20 minutes straight. Yesterday it was 15 minutes, today 20, tomorrow I die! I'm thinking that maybe I've graduated too fast. (I'm asking myself: "How do people run five miles at a time...every day? Does the running get easier? When does it quit hurting?")

At this point you might be thinking that I'm a wimp. I know that I'm a wimp! Anything that induces pain is generally a no, no for me. But, I know that running has worked for me in the past, so I'm willing to give it another try. As they say, "no pain, no gain"- or loss in this case! I think I'll just put up with the discomfort for awhile longer and see where it gets me.

Anyone else going "against their grain" for some desired results?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search