Tuesday, October 16, 2007

bird by bird -- Anne Lamott


I just finished reading bird by bird by Anne Lamott. It was a gift from my sister-in-law who is a writer too. I loved the book!

At first I was thinking that the topic of the book didn't really apply to me because I have no interest in writing a fiction novel. I was wrong.

Anne Lamott has a way of looking at the world with a very unique eye. And though she is taking the reader step by step through the novel writing process, it seemed that I was reading a book on living. And I was. I was learning how to view the world through different eyes. A writer's eyes.

Thanks, Anne!

2 comments:

  1. This is the second time I've heard of this book. That's it - time to buy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori- You'll love it! At first, as I said, I wasn't sure that it would be relevent to me since I'm not writing a book, but Anne Lamott throws in a lot of life lessons...hence the subtitle (that I just noticed) "Some Instructions on Writing and Life." :)

    ReplyDelete

Custom Search